Saturday, May 23, 2009

Divorce

We are sorry that some of you will be hearing this for the first time in this manner. Many calls have been made, tears have been shed, thoughts and prayers have been offered and answered, but at some point it got too tiring to carry on in that way. To some this is old news, to others it is new, to all it is devastating and a bit sad. As of December 08' we have been divorced. The decision came to be mutual, the details have been worked out, and despite divorce never being nice or pretty, all is well. We are still friends and remain focused on our responsibilities as co-parents. We have appreciated all of the thoughts, concerns, help, and prayers. The reasons for and manner in which this came about is to each of us private and personal. We have tried to share with family and a few close friends our reasons but generally it is not understood. So we welcome the support, love, concern, prayers, friendship, and all that is given, but please don't expect answers, explanations, or understanding of our decision at this time. Perhaps, if you are patient with us and we continue in our friendship you may receive the answers that we have and see this as the better choice for us. Thank you for your understanding. Again, we are especially sorry to those to whom this is new and heartbreaking news.

10 comments:

Swasey family said...

I am so sorry to hear about this.Each and everyone of you will be in our thoughts & prayers.

ManicMandee said...

I think what you've put here is a perfectly sufficient explaination. You don't need to make anybody understand; but I'm glad you finally came out with it. I hope and pray for yours and your family's deepest happiness and comfort.

hOLLIANN said...

I am so glad you came over tonight...which has nothing to do with this post...but send me your email. I am not sure I wrote it down correctly...

holliann at gmail dot com

hOLLIANN said...

Your blog is way cute by the way...which still has nothing to do with this post...that is the kind of insenstive friend that I am :)...

Ann said...

Wow, you did it. I wasn't sure if you were serious or kidding about putting it on the blog. Sorry I never got in touch with Kor to do something. I think we ended up going out of town. I will though...soon!

Bethany said...

Gosh, I love you Amber. I'm so excited to come to Utah so we can hang out and play.

Jeremy Whiting said...

Love you Amber! Your family is beautiful. I hope to see you in July!

Jessica said...

oh Amber, I am so sorry to hear this. You and your sweet family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

The Page Family said...

I'm proud of the way you put this on your blog, sometimes the most personal moments can be handle in quiet ways. I hope you find all the happiness and peace your heart can handle!

beckstarr said...

I just want to say props to you for being the kind of mom you are to your sweet kids, and helping them to have such good happy moments despite your (and everyone's) heartache. You are amazing, Amber, and I pray both of you make it through better in the end. Just know that even if I'm not seeing you for 5 month increments, our friendship doesn't change a smidge. (I've always been lousy at getting together, you know that.) I just love you!