Saturday, April 26, 2008

New House!

For those of you who don't know, we are closing on our house in 2 weeks! We are very excited although it is a bit of a fixer upper! It was built in 1969 and I think most of it's decor is the original!

So for anyone who is interested, we will be having some popcorn ceiling scraping, wallpaper ripping, paneling removing parties!!

Here are some pics of our soon to be beautiful home!
This is the red bedroom. You can't see it, but along the ceiling line of this room there is a string of red pompoms that is glued to the wallpaper!
This the masterbedroom. It has some lovely dark paneling! We are just hoping that it was nailed on and not glued on!
This pic is a little dark but this is the upstairs bathroom. The walls have been covered in a mosaic of colored carpet squares!
This is our basement family room. Complete with a rock wall and you can't see it, but behind that black stripper pole (with bench) is an indoor waterfall feature!
I loved this home the minute I walked into it! It's gonna be a lot of work, but I'm ready for it!
P.S. Anyone willing to paint or help with renovations is more than welcome! :-)

9 comments:

Kori C said...

Wow! That looks exciting. You guys are brave to take on such a project! I can't wait to see pictures of the renovations along the way!

Jessica said...

Congrats on the house!! I wish I was closer so I could help you, I really enjoy that kind of stuff. I can't wait to see how you will fix it up! Good Luck:-)

BERRETT'S said...

congratulations and good luck. We miss you but a house is very exciting

Ramanda said...

I just can't imagine why you would change anything in that house! It is full of style and character! The pom-poms, paneling, rock wall, stripper pole is icing on the cake! Seriously though, you HAVE to keep the mirror on the other side of the mirror, the little one up by the ceiling. I had one in the house I grew up in and I loved it! You can see the back of your hair while you are doing it!
Have fun with all the remodeling!

Ramanda said...

The mirror in the bathroom is what I was talking about. I just forgot to mention that part ha ha!

Melissa said...

Congrats on the new house! So exciting! Hopefully we'll be joining you in not so long in being home owners.

Jarubla said...

Congrats Amber & Jeff!

Now give us the gory details--price, square footage, acreage...

'Course, if you don't wanna divulge any of that, just tell me to shuddup k?

:)

-Jay

Ann said...

So, I'm sure you guys have moved in already. I need to come see you soon.

Jarubla said...

Hola amigos,

¡Espere que su casa sea hermosa y toda está bien!

- Jay