Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day of Quilting

There was no school for the kids today, so we redboxed Kung Fu Panda and Dora Saves the Snow Princess. While the kids watched the movies, I was actually productive AND crafty! Here is what I accomplished:

Adam lost his "dee-dee" (blanket) at Target about a month ago (this is the old fabric)
and today I found some construction truck material that was almost the same and made him a new blanket. He was so excited when I showed him the material!
He's been breaking my heart for the past month telling me, "Momma, dee-dee lost."


Then I also pieced together a quilt top for baby girl wolf. It turned out a little smaller than I had hoped so I need to add some sort of a border to it.
I couldn't do this today because I ran out of white thread and was too lazy to load up the kids and fight the walmart crowds!
HOORAY FOR ME!!!!

9 comments:

beckstarr said...

Whatever! I'd be so proud of myself if I made that quilt too! And Adam's blanket is so darling (not to mention how cute he is sleeping in that pic.) so so cute. You never fail to surprise me, Amber wolf! thanks for the invite the other day - I'd love to catch up with you on the next time you're in so. county (that's what we hoodrats call it. right.)

Bethany said...

Heck yes hooray for you! You're awesome.

Ramanda said...

Check you out!!! You are so ambitious! You inspire me to do some sewing myself!
Thanks you for the Christmas goodies! It was a pleasant suprise to have Jeff come over! You guys are just so awesome!!!

Ann said...

What can I say? You're amazing. I'm in Cali for Thanksgiving and I actually brought my jeans home so my mom could stitch them up because I am so impaired. Let's get together when I get back!

Swasey family said...

your quilts are so pretty!I will post all of my quilting as soon as Christmas is over, I made every family member quilts this year!So much fun!

ManicMandee said...

Great job Amber. I'm very impressed!

Jessica said...

well look at you. . .that is a lot of sewing. They look very cute :-)

Candice said...

Wow! How cute! You are so ambitious! You amaze me!

Studley said...

My you are pretty crafty. I'm sleeping in a blanket made with love tonight also. They are the best ones to have.