Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bathroom Redo!

So here is what the bathroom used to look like.

It used to have some mirror tiles above the toilet and
an 80's medicine cabinet. I didn't get a pic of the pink and blue linoleum. It also had pink and blue swishes wallpaper but I had already pulled that down when we moved in.


A big thanks to my dad who helped me put in the linoleum, baseboards and the new toilet!! Here is a funny pic of him and my mom on Thanksgiving a few years ago!! hehehe

And a thanks to Jeff who gave me a LOWES giftcard for Christmas.



And here is the new (except for the vanity) and improved bathroom. It's a little bit country but I think it's really cute!




I tried to get every angle for you.

I so far only have one little decorative towel.
And no tealights yet for my little candle holder.

If you are curious what that little door is, it is the world's smallest laundry shoot! It's about 5 inches wide and you can fit a few rags down it at a time. Which is really all it's good for because it's on the floor with the kitchen. Here's looking down onto the washer. (not the best pic)
And here's the view up. As you can see, if you're not careful, the stuff can fall behind the washer cause it's not flush against the wall!



Seriously the stupidest place ever for a laundry shoot!!

8 comments:

bullfrogranch said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe that you are remodeling a bathroom while you are expecting a baby. You are super mom. Way to go. It looks really cute. Happy New Year from us in Colorado.

Studley said...

It looks great you did a really a good job!

Candice said...

It looks awesome Amber! Way to go! You are amazing!

Swasey family said...

What a cute bathroom.I think you are crazy since you are almost due.But I LOVE the wall apaper, I think its adorable!!Good Job!!

ManicMandee said...

I seriously remember being 8+ months pregnant and sitting up on like a 12 foot shelf wallpapering our kitchen. YOU ARE NESTING AMBER. It's ok, it happens to the best of us.
It looks fantastic!!!!
And can I say that your parents are super cute?

The Johnson J's!! said...

You did a fantabulous job Miss Amber!! Boy, I could use some of that "nesting" power of yours... send it my way! My parents have a laundry shoot like that in their guest bathroom... when they remodeled it, they just covered it up! You are amazing and quite talented!!!

Ramanda said...

WHAT?! Are you saying that you do not like my music? Good thing you can push pause!

p.s. Your laundry shoot craacks me up!

How was your trip to Rifle?

beckstarr said...

This looks fabulous!! great job on the remodel- it looks so much better! And I love your design on your wallpaper. It is perfect. I say embrace the country you made it look super cute. Good job! I hope you're still feeling good! love beck