Monday, January 12, 2009

better blogger

So this year, I made a resolution to be a better blogger and blog at least every other or every 2 days. So far this hasn't happened! But I figured it's the beginning of a new week, that's a good time to start anew. Right?




My sweet little Adam is 2 1/2 today and is no longer that sweet. He has become such a stinker!That's right, this cute little ninja likes to yell, throw tantrums and toys, hit the dog when he's mad and yell NO at his mom all day long.

I just love this age.

(I hope you caught the sarcasm dripping from that last statement.) But what can ya do?! Just hope and pray he lives through it. Meaning, hope you don't end up giving him away to a stranger on the street!!


Kate's blanket is finished. Here is the front




and here is the back.



I'm a little embarrassed to show the back because you can see my horribly uneven quilting job, but remember, this was my first machine quilted quilt!


I have been working on the main floor bathroom and it should be finished today! I also painted the tv nook and made a cover for my orange velour loveseat. So be excited for those pics-they should be posted tomorrow!


To all you coloradians that read this blog, we will be there this weekend! YEEHAW!!

5 comments:

Swasey family said...

I am glad you will be blogging more I check your blog every day!So keep up wtih the good work, and the quilt looks awesome I am making a goal to do a machine qulit like that VERY soon too!If you are coming to town, don't know how long you will be here for, but maybe we can get our families together and FINALLY meet?!Let me know?

Studley said...

I think that the quilt looks great, but what do I know. I am excited to see pics of the bathroom. One more thing done. I am more excited to see you guys this weekend!!!

ManicMandee said...

I like your New Year's resolution. Now that you've admitted it to the WWW, you are under more pressure to keep it.
Great job in all that you are doing!
The quilt looks great.
And I'll take Adam off your hands. It doesn't need to be a stranger :)
That kid is so adorable!
Have a great trip this weekend. I highly recommend you meet the Swaseys. You'll love them.

Ramanda said...

Your quilt is killer! I am so proud of you!

Ok... so I am so bummed because I am not going to be here this weekend. I will be in Utah ha ha! Darn the bad luck!

RaShelle said...

This is the first time I've read your blog since our computer has had problems, and I'm so impressed! It makes me want to do something like this. What a great way to keep in touch. I hope you all have fun this weekend! Give our love to the rest of the family. Love RaShelle